- We launched findingDulcinea in 2007 with a mission of helping people find authoritative and comprehensive information online.
- In 2009, we introduced SweetSearch, a Search Engine for Students, which uses the power of Google to search only our whitelist of credible resources.
- Today, we announce that findingDulcinea will be fully relaunched in May under a new name: SweetSearch2Day. Here is a draft preview of the new website.
- Best of all, we are including a heavy dose of one new ingredient: YOU!
We invite all librarians, other educators, and anyone else with relevant expertise to contribute guides that put a spotlight on the very best resources about a topic that is relevant and appropriate for K-12 audiences.
Initially, we are seeking 25 educators to ensure a smooth "onboarding" process. We will then grow this number once the initial group is working smoothly.
What We Ask of You:
- Commit to submitting at least five guides in the first year.
- Include links to authoritative resources that provide a comprehensive, balanced view of a topic, and write a short introduction to the topic and a description of what the user will find via each link.
- Write about something you love! Our website promises links to the best resources about a topic, and the more knowledgable and passionate you are, the more likely it is that you will find these.
- Generally, the narrower the topic, the better. For example, we'd appreciate a broad guide to U.S. History, but a guide to the most authoritative resources focused narrowly on the Battle of Antietam or "Child Soldiers in the American Revolution" would be invaluable to educators and students. Similarly, a guide to "Chemistry" will be useful but a guide to "The Structure of the Atom" could be priceless.
- We'll provide guidance on how to select resources, but we assume you're well-versed already in the concepts we'll discuss.
- We believe that with any large group of contributors to a project such as this, editorial oversight is essential to ensure consistent quality. Thus, we expect to request edits to many of the guides, but we do not intend a "heavy hand" approach.
What We Offer You:
- Fulfillment from knowing you have contributed to a priceless resource that will enhance digital literacy for a generation of students, and help counter what many are calling the "post-truth" era.
- Fame! You'll have a biography on the website that links to your social media accounts, your blog, your school website, whatever you want!
- Significant discounts on our online courses.
- Option to participate in a series of new, exciting projects we expect to launch in the next year.
- Other consideration that we haven't conjured up yet.
If you have any questions, write to Mark [dot] Moran [at] DulcineaMedia [dotcom]
If you're ready to sign up, complete this Google form and we'll be in touch!
Mark E. Moran
CEO, SweetSearch, Inc.